Dare mo. Shiranai.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

ambition

I wanted to be an architect when i was in Primary school.
Not singer, nor dancer, nor teacher, nor rubbish collector. But architect.

While the guy sitting beside me can sprout various models and specs of aircraft, i was ignorant of my future. Now, what do i want to do when i grow up? What interests me? Hmm..

And so, when time came to scribble and decorate autograph books with nonsensical poems and such (Birds fly high, hard to catch. Friends like you, hard to find! Sounds familiar?? Haha!), I proudly printed my ambition down.

"Ambition: Architect..."

There. With a smile on my face, i suddenly felt impressed with myself for knowing what i want to be when i grow up. It just made me feel so grown up. Proving not to be an empty vessel, i really did indulge myself with interior designing from the IKEA magazines lying around the house. It was my interest. I found my future. *blingblingbling*

Thinking back, i'm kinda amazed at what i did. O_o"

Transiting into Secondary school, I grew aware of the world around me. And the more i knew, the smaller my bubble became.

I realised that to fulfil my "dream", i need Physics background. Now, i'm not particularly good in Science in the first place. To study current flow/batteries/oscillation (whatever!) is a definite NO-NO for me. I enjoyed nature. I chose Biology. And promptly burst my own bubble.

However, it was also that moment that i realised i wanted to pursue a career of being a vet. To be immersed with nature and not cold hard concrete. I formed a bigger bubble. My dream job would be to roam around the world, doing research on wildlife amongst the lush green canopy of the Amazon or the barren lands of African safari plains. *blingblingbling*

Yeah right. Dream on.
Reality slapped me twice on my cheeks. It was simply near impossible. Here is Singapore leh. Need to be practical wor. Don't play play lah!!

And so, my bubble burst once again. And it's time to choose my course in JC.
Sometimes i wonder, the choices are so limited. What difference does it make? Why can't MOE just do away with JC and have pre-U instead? Like what if i wanna be an entreprenuer, why must i freaking take Chemistry or History? (no offence intended) Can't they make our subjects more relevant?
Anw, funny thing is.. i'm really not a Science person but i dunno why i die die also must take Science. -_-" Making my own life miserable i tell ya.

Yet once again, i transit into another phase in life. Stumbling blindly and scraping my way through education. Which somehow, after graduating, I don't feel so educated anyway. (wth...)

So here i am, almost finishing my 2nd year studies in U, yet still unsure of what my future holds. I really admire those people who knows what they are doing, and strives towards that goal. (Like dear!) They just seem so confident. Hmpf! Not fair!

5 years down the road, will i be constantly in the air as a flight stewardess? Or making business transactions in the corporate world? Or managing a hotel along Orchard Rd? Or counting my chips after mahjong session?

Only time will tell...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home