Dare mo. Shiranai.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Yo-yo with tears.

The breeze felt cool against my warm skin.
I can feel it ruffling my hair, gently caressing my cheeks.
Am I floating? It seemed as if I had wings on my back.

Albeit the serenity, an omnious sense of foreboding slowly crept up.
My hands reached up to touch my face.
To my horror, I can't feel where my eyes were supposed to be. I stifled a rising scream.

Suddenly, a sharp pain bolted up my spine and seized my heart. It's evil fingers wrapped tightly around it and squeezed the last breath out of it.
My arms flung out wildly. Deperately trying to grasp hold of something. Anything.
But there was none. Where was the hand that I was so accustomed to?

My fingers streched out only to feel the chilling column of air.
Time was running out.
I kicked out furiously. Only to realise that my feet weren't planted on the ground all this while.

Tears sprang to my eyes as the pain that was coursing through my veins grew unbearable.
The rhythmic throb against my temples was growing at increasing speed. As if a hypnotic chant to put me into a trance. It was deafening.
Consciousness grew heavy. Memories grew hazy.
The life within me is starting to succumb.

The ephemeral joys of childhood whizzed past before me. For that brief moment, it had stolen away all my happiness.
Fugacious blossoms, now all withered and died with time. The once glorious moments were discarded and forgotten.

Forgotten.
I don't think I ever want to forget.
But perhaps, I don't have a choice. For this is not the world that I belonged to.

It made no effort to spare me.
With a final kiss, I was sent tumbling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home