Dare mo. Shiranai.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's not about how fast you can run

But how long you can last.

It suddenly came to mind while I was having my morning training at ECP today.

Somehow, it reflects the nature of my business as well. Yup, it's a matter of time.

Standchart actually has a huge countdown timer overlooking everyone who walks past its bank.
[13 Days] it read, when we walked past it on Sunday. Stressed.
What the heck am I doing here on a perfectly fine Sunday? I wondered to myself. Ahh.. The feng shui master told us it was a auspicious day to start work. Boo.

The view from the new office is spectacular! It overlooks the vast Singapore river & Marina Bay. If I'm bored, I can even take a peek at the guests over at Fullerton. Haha!



We even have a "Rendevous Alley" (as Mr Lion called it) where our cupboards are. Speaking of the tiny cupboards, Ah Wee just pointed out that the boxful of stuffs I brought to the new office seemed redundant. Argh! And the other box I had at home should have been the one I brought over. Argh!!!

++++

I went to 7th Heaven the other day.
Nope I didn't like faint during my run or something. I visited Dr Sein and her much talked about creations - Adults only ICE CREAMS!

The location is sibei ulu. Seriously. It's as if they purposely got this spot to source out the true blue foodie who would travel the 7 oceans, brave the devastating storms, to seek enlightenment upon a mountain. Ok, it's literally on a hill though.

So after going through all the tests that Dr Sein executed upon mere mortals like us, our final test, before we gained enlightenement, was the sinfully rich cream desserts infused with alchohol. Taa-daa...

Sampler platter of 3 easily costs more than the plate of chicken rice (plus 2 sides & drinks) we had earlier.
Being a choc-lover, Black forest was easily my fav. It was rich with tiny bits of choc peeking out and a generous dose of rum. Lychee martini came 2nd. The name says it all. I thought the mango & vodka fusion was a weird combi. D thought otherwise.
The platter was savoured in comforting silence. Luckily we came at an odd time. Cos I heared there'd be a queue during peak hours.

Alas, as the last spoonful of Black Forest drizzled down my tongue, the Saint herself appeared before us - Dr Sein. She came across as a well-articulated and polite young lady. But if not read properly, she may seem a little sacarstic. D called her a B-word. =X

I must say I'm impressed. But not like FWOAH impressed. Perhaps I had too high expectations. For now, my Ice Cream Chefs work well for my palettes. On my wallet too. =)

10 Raeburn Park #01-24
Marketing Institute of Singapore (behind the Railway station)

Not for the faint-hearted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home